100% Carbon Neutral & Eco-Tours Australia
Environmental sustainability is deeply ingrained into our company culture. And we’re totally committed to the preservation of our natural environment for generations to come. We are proud to be an Eco-certified tour company offering tours that adhere to best practice and standards for environmentally responsible tourism.
Passengers on our eco-tours in South Australia and Western Australia have peace of mind knowing that we are the only company in Australia that offsets its carbon footprint internally. We do this by planting 1.2 hectares of native vegetation on our property Coodlie Park Farm Retreat each year, with one third of the property set aside for environmental rehabilitation.
Some of our other environmental practices include:
• 100% carbon neutral business
• Eco Tourism Australia Accredited
• Climate action certified as a ‘Climate Change Innovator’
• Our guides have extensive knowledge on native plants and animals, indigenous culture and eco-tourism and will share this knowledge with our passengers
• We spend over $10,000 annually on our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint
• In addition we contribute $15,000 annually with in-kind labour
• We’ve invested $40,000 in rainwater tanks and plumbing over the past 10 years
• We pay a premium for all of our ‘green energy’ electricity produced from renewable sources
• We’re a certified WWOOF farm for volunteer workers
All of our adventure tours stop off at Coodlie Park on the Eyre Peninsula where many Nullarbor Traveller passengers over the years have immersed themselves in a real Aussie farm experience.
We welcome travellers who share the same philosophy to come and stay with us for a couple of nights or a couple of months to give back to the environment and offset their own travel carbon footprint. Check out Christine’s blog which gives you a great idea of what to expect!